Just the other day I decided that I needed to come up with a plan. A plan for my bedroom. All the years in every house I've never really decorated my bedroom. I've made dents and plans for every room in the house, but when it comes to my own room I just can't seem to nail anything down.
I've bought comforters before and set out in one direction and then get lost somewhere and change my mind (or move). Now that we know we will not be moving (perhaps ever again I hate it that much), I decided that maybe if I sit down and devise some sort of theme or color palette that I would be going in a direction. That very moment that I decided to try and formulate something I saw this -
About a month ago I was poking around the giant internet, finding info on refinishing furniture and I found Vintage Revivals. I thought to myself it was pretty nifty and added her to my reader. A few days later my mom, who has a serious 'thing' for the Nate Berkus show, told me about this cute lady who redoes furniture and had a little bit on the show. I realized it was the same person and we laughed at the coincidence.
Then I see her little event as I was settling in to my "plan" and I decided to just throw my card into the hat. I mean why not? I have no clue what to do with my room and I think it would be best if someone just took over. What a good deal! Some stranger volunteers to come and make my life much easier by taking over decision making and will help me refinish furniture. Oh and yes the fact that she has money in pocket to do this only makes things sweeter.
So now it gets even crazier because I'm going to post pictures of my catastrophe of a room on the internet. It is terrible, I am aware. There is just so much to be done that I'm totally overwhelmed and honestly I feel like it will never look good so any help would do. Did I mention I cook? Does that sweeten the deal?
Here's a little look around the room:
1) One of the only things that I like. I love these lime green retro looking lamps.
2) The window covering are from the 80's. Rust colored metal blinds and they are broken.
3) The side tables actually have a higher purpose for something else, but we needed something to hold our junk so those won.
4) I don't mind the bed so low, but I hate seeing the bottom mattress. Also my bedding is boring.
5) The mirrors! Don't get me started. I have no idea what to do or say.
6) The fans - I do have a ceiling fan, I'm just waiting for it to be magically installed.
7) The ceiling is pop-corn and there's water damage marks. I do know how to fix both, I just need to do it.
8) I did refinish this piece, but I haven't decided on knobs.
9) This is another big one. WHAT THE WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THAT SPACE? I could rent it out it's so huge.
10) I know people have all sorts of feeling about TVs in the bedroom, but we are a TV in our room family. I hate the way it looks, but I love all piling on our bed and watching a flick. I also hate that it covers my cool top, but for now it works.
11) I have plans for this piece, eventually it will be a groovy headboard.
12) This dresser is one of many things I can remake but again I don't know where to go with it all.
So there it is, my entry, my leap into crazy and me begging to be picked. Please oh please come and fix my room. Did I mention I have furniture laying about to use (and will probably collect more before June because that's what I tend to do). Did I mention I cook? I will feed you delicious food the entire time!